Nothing could be better than having a big bowl of tangy tomato soup a blanket and a book that’s it. All sorted for this chili weather we got the juiciest and meaty tomatoes in this season and for this particular soup I need farm-fresh tomatoes you can make this in any season but I prefer only in winters all you need 500 gm fresh tomatoes,1 small carrot,1 small onion 2-3 garlic cloves,1 bay leaf,2 cloves, and 1 tsp olive oil. firstly heat oil in a pan add bay leaf and cloves then add chopped carrots saute for a couple of mins. then add chopped onions saute till they become translucent then add the chopped tomatoes and the seasoning shimmer on medium flame till they become tender or cooked completely or if you are using a pressure cooker cook for 2-3 whistle let them cool then drain the liquid from the mixture transfer the drained ingredient in a grinder grind it in a fine paste then heat butter in a pan add finely chopped garlic cloves saute until they turn brown meanwhile sieve the grounded mixture then add it in the pan shimmer on mid. flame for 2-3 min switch off the flame add 1 tbsp fresh cream or you may skip cream just sprinkle some freshly grounded black pepper and serve warm with bread croutons.
- 500 gm Tomatoes
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2-3 cloves Garlic
- 2 Cloves
- 1 mid. Onion
- 1 Small Carrot
- 1/2 tsp Blackpepper powder
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Fresh Cream
- Salt as per your taste
- Firstly heat 1 tbsp olive oil you may use any cooking oil as per your taste now add 1 bay leaf and 2 cloves fry them for few secs. but don't burn them .
- Add carrots chopped in julien's fry for a couple of mins. then add finely chopped onions saute and stir till the onions become translucent it takes approx 3-4 mins.
- Now add the fresh chopped tomatoes and salt as per your taste .
- Cover and simmer on a medium flame it takes approx 6-8 mins.stir cook until the tomatoes become mushy .
- After the tomatoes were completely cooked remove from heat and cool take out the bay leaf and the clove and add the mixture in a grinder and make a fine paste out of it .
- Strain the puree through a strainer you may skip this process but for the creamy texture this process is necessary press the mixture with a ladel so that except the seeds all the mixture is completely strained
- Heat butter /oil in a pan add few chopped garlic cloves cook until they turn brown now add the strained puree add water if needed the should be in little thicker consistency.
- Simmer on low flame until it become hot don't boil them add freshly grounded black pepper and serve hot .
- Add 1-2 tbsp fresh cream if you are a vegan you can skip this its totally optional