In this pandemic, where we are avoiding eating outside but due to some reason or work we have to travell for 1-2 day then sattu paratha is the best option because sattu is full of nutirent and fibre and for vegetarian a good source of protein . and yes it is a complete meal in itself no need to prepare anything else just a pickle or sauce thats enough.
- 2 cup Atta(whole wheat flour)
- 1 tsp oil(any cooking oil)
For stuffing :-
- 1 cup Sattu(roasted chickpea flour)
- 3-4 pcs. Green chilli
- ¼ tsp carom -nigella seeds
- 1 tbsp Mustard oil
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 small onion(finely chopped)
- 2-3 cloves) Garlic(finely chopped)
- ½ inch Ginger(finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp Fresh coriander(finely chopped)
- Add Atta(wheat flour) in a bowl add oil and combine well in the mixture
- Add water in parts to knead a soft dough just as fulka dough
- Cover and keep it aside
- Add 1 cup sattu in a large bowl
- Add ¼ tsp carom-nigella seeds ,asafoetida(hing) ,
- Add 1 tbsp mustard oil,½tsp lemon juice,and salt as per your taste
- Add finely chopped onion ,finely chopped ginger,garlic,green chilli and fresh corinader
- Add 1-2 tbsp water and combine all the ingredients well in the mixture water makes the stuffing moist to fill easily in the dough.
- Divide the atta(whole wheat flour) dough in equal portions.
- Take a portion from the dough flatten it with your fingers and make bowl you flatten it by using rolling pin also.
- Now add 1 tbsp of sattu stuffing in the dough bowl bring the edges of the dough together and join them at the centre remove excess dough and make ball.
- Sprinkle flour over the rolling board to avoid sticking and roll it similiar as aloo paratha
- Making of paratha:-
- Heat a tawa/flat pan on medium heat cook the paratha by applying oil or ghee from both sides and cook until golden brown.