Rajma is a dish which has as many variations as the diff.cultures of our country every mother has her own recipe so here i am presenting how my mother used to cook my mother cook rajma in pressure cooker means in other words in one pot so firstly wash 1 cup rajma and soaked it for whole night now nxt morning in a pressure cooker with the same water cook the rajma for 2-3 whistle keep them aside in a large bowl .now chopp 2 -3 large tomatoes and 2-3 large onion slice them finely now heat the pressure cooker add 1-2 tbsp oil any oil of your choice add few bay leaf ½ tsp cumin seeds finely chopped green chillies now add the chopped onion fry until they became translucent now add tomatoes and fry them until they became soft now ina jar add few cardamom pods,black cardamom, cumin seeds,black pepper corn, cinnamon stick small pinch of nutmeg grind them now add this spice mixture in onion and tomatoes and fry until oil separates from the pan now add the rajma alongwith the water now cover the pressure cooker and cook until 2-3 whistle now the rajma is ready serve it with roti or rice but i personally prefer it with steamed rice with a papad and few onion rings .
Rajma | Sabzi
- 1 Cup Rajma
- 2 -3 2 -3 Onion
- 2-3 Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Garlic and Ginger Paste
- ¼ tbsp Cumin Seeds
- ¼ tbsp Black Peppercorn
- 2-3 tbsp Mustard Oil
- 2-3 Cloves
- 1 Green Cardamom
- ½ Black Cardamom
- 1 Small Cinnamon Stick
- ¼ tbsp Nutmeg Powder
- 1 small Mace(javitri)
- Heat a pressure cooker now add 1 ½ tbsp of oil after few min.add 1 bay leaf ,½ tsp cumin seeds and a pinch of hing let them crackle
- 2. Now add onion saute till they became translucent
- 3. When onion becomes translucent add tomatoes now fry until they become soft.
- 4. Meanwhile in a food processor add 2-4 cloves of garlic,½ inch of ginger or you may use ginger garlic paste add ¼ tsp of cumin seeds ,¼ tsp of black pepper corn,1 green cardamom,1 black cardamom ,small piece of nutmeg and 1 mace now grind them in a fine paste
- 5. Now add all the spices along with turmeric,red chilli and coriander powder all ½ tsp and ½ tsp kashmiri red chilli for colour its optional
- 6. Now fry all the spices till the oil separates from the cooker
- Now add the boiled rajma alongwith the water in which the rajma is boiled don’t throw the water because the main taste is in the water now stir it so that all the spices coat them well now add salt and cover the cooker cook until 3-4 whistle after 4 whistle the rajma is cooked now add dry fenugreek leaves now serve it with roti or piping hot steam rice with some mango pickle and papad.