- 250 gm Peas
- 1 Onion
- 5-6 cloves Garlic
- 3-4 Cloves
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2-3 Green chili
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Freshly crushed Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Firstly boil the pea or if you are using frozen peas then soak them in hot water
- Heat 1 tsp Olive oil in a pot/pan add 1 bay leaf 3-4 cloves and 3-4 garlic clove saute until they become brown .
- Add finely chopped onions saute until they become translucent
- Add the boiled peas and saute just to mix all the ingredients completely next add 1-2 green chili
- Add 1 cup water and simmer on low flame and simmer until the mixture boils.
- Remove it from the heat and cool take out the bay leaf once the mixture cools add it to a blender jar blend it in a smooth paste
- You may strain the mixture or leave it as I do I love the small chunks that's why I don't strain it
- Then heat oil in the pot/pan add finely chopped Garlic saute until they became brown next pour the peas puree add 1 cup water stir well .depending on the consistency you prefer add the seasonig mix it well check the seasoning add more/less if needed.
- Simmer on low heat until the soup becomes hot ,but is not boiling or else it became frothy .
- Remove it from the flame then add freshly crushed black pepper and 1 tsp lemon juice you may add more as per your taste and freshly chopped coriander leaves serve warm.
everyone has happy memory around food ,it is how we express our love so here I am sharing my memory through this recipe I belongs to a very extended family where I use to live with around 50-55 people or in any family gathering the no. increases and we kids don’t even know the member that he /she belongs to us now I live in other city but still I remember the taste of my grandmother green peas soup so whenever fresh peas came from our farm she use too prepare this soup .For the soup all you need is 250 gm peas you may use the frozen ones but here i am using fresh peas 1 onion,5-6 garlic cloves ,3-4 cloves,1 bay leaf ,1 tbsp oil my grandmother uses ghee(clarified butter)but here I am using olive oil firstly boil the peas then heat oil In a skillet or pan then add bay leaf, cloves ,garlic and saute for a couple of mins. now add finely chopped onions saute until the onions become translucent now add the boiled peas along with the water and cook until it boils then remove from heat and discard the bay leaf or else it gives a bitter taste to the soup grind the mix .in a fine paste now again heat 1/2 tsp oil add finely chopped garlic saute until it become brown then add the paste if you can strain the puree or use it the way I use pour the puree in the pan /pot stir well depending on the consistency you prefer you can add more/less water last add the seasoning simmer on low heat until the soup becomes hot but don’t boil it switch off the flame add freshly crushed black pepper ,1 tbsp lemon juice and freshly chopped coriander and serve warm