- 1 Cup Roasted Peanuts
- 1½ cup jaggery
- 1 tsp Oil/ghee
- Firstly in a heavy bottom pan or skillet take 1 cup peanuts roast it on low flame by continuously stirring it so that the peanuts were roasted uniformly.
- Remove the peanuts from the pan and keep it aside to cool down use a towel to remove the skin from the roasted peanuts. and crush them completely.
- In the same pan add the jaggery on low flame stir well till the jaggery melts add two tbsp of water so that the jaggery does not catch the bottom.
- This is the most tricky part of the recipe you should have to be cautious with it because if the jaggery is not cooked well the chikky turns sticky and if it is overcooked then it turns out bitter.
- So when the jaggery melts completely while stirring it continuously cook it until it thickens .
- Take some water in a bowl now add 1 drop of boiled jaggery in the water check the jaggery drop if you find it stretching then the jaggery needs to cook more after few min. again drop some jaggery in water and if it breaks then the jaggery is cooked completely .
- Now off the flame add the peanuts and make sure the peanuts were coated completely in the jaggery syrup.
- Stir it continuously immediately transfer the peanuts in a greased plate
- Spread with the help of the spatula or with the help of a rolling pin mark with a knife in a square shape or a diamond shape .
- Allow them to cool then cut them into the desired shape and serve when it is completely cooled and store them in an airtight container it can be stored or 1 or 2 week
winter has started now and we all crave for something sweet so to satisfy our sweet cravings try these healthy guilt free peanut bars . this one is pure vegan prepared easily and tasted divine. these bars can be served with vanilla icecreams too