Colocasia leaves curry/Arbi ke Patton ki sabzi is mainly prepared during the rainy season the recipe is prepared by using colocasia leaves rolled with besan mixture with some rice powder along with spices, lemon juice, and some seasoning you might find the recipe a bit messy and also it requires skill and practice but once made it seems easy so do give it try the choice of colocasia leaves is very important for an amazing taste always use tender leaves.
You can check similar also:-
colocosia leaves curry /Arbi ke patton ki sabzi
- 4 Colocasia leaves
- 1 cup besan
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- ¼ tsp cumin blackpepper powder
- ¼ tsp cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp black pappercorn
- A pinch of asafoetida
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp Garam masala powder
- Tomato puree ½ tin or of 2 large tomatoes
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 cup any cooking oil
- 1 tsp Panchforan(cumin,mustard,fenugreek,fennel,carom,nigella seeds)
- 2 red chilli
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ tsp asafoetida
- Wash the colocasia leaves and remove the veins from the centre of the leaves .
- Mix all the ingredients in a deep bowl with all the spices and seasoning into a thick batter.
- Take each leaf spread batter on top, place another leaf and continue the process on each leaf .
- Carefully roll the leaves tightly .Steam it for 20-25 min. When they cools down then cut into peenwheels
- heat 3-4 tbsp oil then fry each pinwheels until they become crispy .
- Heat oil in a kadai or pan add all the tempering spices let them crackle
- Add ginger garlic paste saute then immediately add tomato puree
- in grinder /mortar pestle add ½tsp cumin seed,½tsp peppercorn,½tsp mustardseed,
- cook all the spices for 4-5 min.or until oil seperates from the pan.
- Add 2 cup water to the mix. let it boil for a few min.
- add the fried colocosia peenwheel in the gravy
- Add seasoning ,¼tsp of garam masala powder and simmer for couple of min.
- Add dried fenugreek leaves mix well the Cury and remove it from the flame