It was like an unspoken rule in our family to prepare lots of snack varieties before Diwali so that we can enjoy it after Diwali . Here from the snacks series, I am sharing the recipe of moong dal mini samosa perfect pre-make samosa for the festive season it can be stored for 1 or 2 weeks when stored in an airtight container. for this recipe, all you need is 1/2 cup soaked and grounded moong dal 1 cup all-purpose flour 2 cups cooking oil firstly fry the lentil paste with some spices then knead the flour same as samosa dough roll it in balls fill with stuffings then give them a samosa shape deep fry on low flame serve with flavorful chutneys.
For Samosa Dough
- 1 cup All purpose-flour(maida)
- 2 tbsp cooking oil/Ghee
- ½ tsp Carom-Nigella seeds
- ¼ tsp Asafoetida(Hing)
- Salt as per your taste
- ½ Cup Moong Dal(split yellow lentil)
- 1 tbsp Refined oil
- ¼ tsp Garam masala powder
- ¼ tsp Amchur powder(dry mango)
- ¼ tsp Sugar
- ⅛ tsp Black Salt
- ¼ tsp Roasted cumin powder
- Salt as pper your taste
- 2 cup Cooking oil
For Samosa Dough
- Firstly in a large deep bowl add maida ,oil , salt and carom-nigella seeds now mix all the ingredients well make sure to add enough oil in the flour to bind the dough rub the flour by using both your hands the dough should have a crumbly texture.
- Now Bind the dough if it doesn't crumble then you have used enough oil and if it crumble then you need to add more oil .
- Now add water in parts and knead the dough smooth and firm .
- Keep the dough aside to rest .
- Add the soaked and drained lentil in a mixer jar and grind it Coarsely.
- Heat oil in heavy bottom pan/kadhai add asafoetida(hing) ,dried kasuri methi
- Add the grounded lentil add garam masala powder,amchur powder,red chilli powder,sugar and crushed peppercorn also the salt mentioned in the instruction
- Cook on low flame roast all the lentil till the colour of lentil changes into brown and till it gets dry.
- For the self life of the lentil fry it well or else if littlle amount of water remain in the stuffing then samosa may spoil quickly so make sure to cook well.
- Now again knead the dough for a min.and make a log out of it cut them into equal parts
- Roll the dough into an oval shape of 5-6 inches cut it nto 2 halves.
- Take one half of the rolled dough fold from one side to make a cone use water to stick the sides or else the stuffing comes out hile frying
- Take 1 -½ tsp of stuffing don't over stuff it.seal the sides of the cone by using ample amount of water
- Make rest all the samosas by using the same process .
- Meanwhile heat oil in a heavy bottom pan/kadhai cut a small piece of dough and add in the oil if it puffs up easily then the oil is enough hot for frying if not then wait and again check .
- Now add the smaosa in the hot oil don't over crowd it or else the oil cools down and the samosas turn soggy .
- Fry the samosa on low heat till golden brown from both sides