- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 Onion
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 tsp Ginger-Garlic paste
- 1 cup Peas
- 200 gm Paneer(cottage cheese)
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- ½ tsp Red chili powder
- ½ tsp Coriander powder
- ½ tsp Fenugreek leaves
- Firstly heat 1 tsp oil in a pan/skillet meanwhile chop the paneer in cubes then add the paneer cubes in hot oil fry until they become light brown .
- Remove the paneer cubes and keep them aside if you are using store- bought paneer then soak the paneer cubes in lukewarm water .
- Heat 1-1.5 tbsp oil in a pan add 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste be cautious they splutter too much saute for a couple of mins.or until the raw smell goes
- Add 1 finely chopped onion fry until they become translucent then add 2 tbsp tomato puree saute until the raw smell goes
- Add 1 tsp garam masala powder ,½tsp turmeric powder ,½tsp red chili powder ,½tsp coriander powder saute until oil separates a from the pan then add 1 cup peas saute just to coat the peas with the spices .
- Add 1-1.5 cup water stir until the it takes the desired consistency the cussy have semi dry consistency .
- Cover or cook until peas is cooked well if you are using fresh peas if frozen then no need to cook the peas
- when the curry takes the desired consistency add the paneer cubes and ½ tsp dried fenugreek leaves switch off the flame .
- Garnish it with some freshly chopped coriander leaves and serve with naan or cumin rice .
Matar Paneer is a very famous North-Indian curry where paneer(Cottage Cheese) and Green Peas is simmered in the spicy gravy I guess for Indians Matar Paneer needs no introduction In India to go to any wedding, birthday party any potluck party this curry would definitely make his presence so here I am sharing my mother recipe in my family everyone loves this recipe so it was prepared very often in my house. you may use fresh or frozen peas both the recipe goes well with puri, paratha, naan even with the plane fulki roti and with cumin rice too. Firstly chop the paneer (cottage cheese) in cubes and if you are using store-bought paneer(cottage cheese) then after frying soak them in luke water for a couple of mins. Heat a pan or skillet add 1 tsp any cooking oil add paneer cubes until they turn light brown don’t burn them remove the fried paneer cubes from heat now in the same pan heat 1 tbsp cooking oil add 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste be cautious they splutter a lot as they go into oil after a couple of mins. add finely chopped onions saute until they become translucent then add 2 tbsp tomato puree saute for a couple of mins. then add 1 tsp garam masala powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and coriander powder saute until oil separates from the pan then add 1 cup peas stir and then add 1-1.5 cup of water add salt and stir the consistency of the gravy should be semi-dry if it appears thin then simmer till it reaches the desired consistency add the paneer cubes simmer for 2-3 mins. then add 1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves and remove it from flame garnish with some fresh coriander leaves and serve with roti, naan, or cumin rice.