- 1 cup Thick Poha
- 1 cup Mixed vegetables (cauliflower,potato,peas,carrots)
- ¼ tsp Garam Masala powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Coriander powder
- ½ tsp Red chili powder
- ⅙ tsp cumin seeds powder
- ⅙ tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 Green chili
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp Peanuts
- 1 tbsp Clarified Butter
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Green chili finely chopped/slited
- Firstly heat any cooking oil of your choice, here I am using mustard oil then add all the chopped vegetables saute till they became soft .
- Add all the spices along with cumin seeds or black pepper powder saute for a couple of minutes then add salt as per your taste .
- Saute for 5-8 minutes on low flame then sprinkle some water so that the spices mix well with all the vegetables
- Cook for few more minutes until all vegetbles were cooked properly but not too mushy .
- Now heat some clarified butter you may replace ghee with any unflavored oil in other pan add ½ tsp cumin seeds ,1 Bay leaf and let them crackel then add one green chili either finely chopped or slited. and peanuts fry for a minute or until the peanuts turn slightly brown
- In the meantime wash the poha in runing water just clean properly don't soak or else the poha became soggy .
- when you smell the aroma of tempering /the cumin or bay leaf turn brown but don't burn them then add the washed poha and all the fried vegetables mix gently until all the vegetables and poha combines well check salt add more if needed then add ¼ tsp garam masala powder and saute for a couple of minutes then switch off the flame
- Sprinkle some finely chopped fresh coriander leaves or sev and serve warm
Masala Poha , is a spicy poha recipe (flattened rice) in which flattened rice is tossed with some green vegetables alongwith some basic spices the best breakfast option when you don’t want to cook for so long it can be prepared within 10 -15 mins. for this recipe firstly chopp vegetables of your choice here i am using cauliflower ,potatoes ,peas, carrots ,then heat oil in a heavy bottom pan firstly add cauliflower then potatoes then carrots and then peas saute till all the veggies were cooked properly then add cumin seeds ,black pepper corn few garlic cloves and small inch of ginger then blend them in a fine paste cook then saute for a couple of minutes then remove it from the pan then add 1 tbsp clarified butter you may replace ghee with any oil then add 1/2 tsp cumin seeds 1 bay leaf 1 finely chopped green chili then add washed poha and fry along with the fried vegetables add salt as per your choice then saute for couple of min. then remove from the flame and serve warm with some sev and finely chopped onions