- 1 Cup Makhana( Fox Nut )
- ½ lit Full Fat Milk
- 10-15 Cashew,Pistachio,Raisins
- 2-4 tbsp Sugar
- Cardmom Powder
- Firstly heat a pan or kadhai, take 1 cup makhana and dry roast until they become crispy, stir them continuously otherwise they may catch the bottom .
- After few min grind them coarsely meanwhile take ½ lit of full fat milk and reduce to half
- Add the coarsely grinded makhana in reduced milk stir till it thickens or reaches a creamy consistency add sugar and cardamom powder
- Now in the pan add 1 tsp of ghee(clarified butter) add coarsely chopped cashews ,pistachio,or raisins or nuts of your choice fry until they became crispy
- Garnish the kheer with the fried nuts and serve hot or chilled but i prefer chilled it taste more creamy when chilled for few hrs.
First of all dry roast the makhana till it became hard to remove them from the heat and heat 1 tsp ghee/clarified butter add the cashew and fry until it became light brown be cautious with the cashews don’t burn them just lightly toss them then in a blender add the roasted makhana and coarsely grind them then heat the full-fat milk in a heavy bottom pan stir it continuously otherwise the milk may catch the pan and it gives the kheer a burnt flavor so stir the milk and reduce it till half then add the makhana and cook until it takes creamy texture then add the sugar and ½ tsp of cardamom powder and mix well cook until the desired thickness then switch off the flame now coarsely chop the cashew, pistachio, raisins and fry them until they became crispy then garnish the kheer with the fried nuts you may choose nuts of your choice and serve it hot or cold it tastes heavenly in both ways.