Whenever you are too tired for any intense cooking or don’t want to eat any spicy food then this curry is a life savior you just need few basic spices, some basic tempering chana dal, and bottle gourd that’s it .saute for a couple of mins.in a pressure cooker and just wait for 3-4 whistle just give it a mix and your curry is ready. This is a pure vegan recipe without onion and garlic you only have to soak the chana dal for 3-4hrs before cooking.
Chana-dal or lauki ki sabzi(split gram or bottle-gourd curry)
- pressure cooker
- 1 pc Bottle-gourd,Lauki
- ½ cup chana-dal(spllit chekpea)
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- ½ tsp Red chilli powder
- ½ tsp Coriander powder
- salt as per your taste
- 1-2 pcs Bay leaf
- 1 tbsp Mustard oil
- 1 pinch Asafoetida(hing)
- 1 tsp Panchforan(cumin seeds,fenugreek seeds,mustard seeds,fennel seeds,carom -nigella seeds)
- 1-2 pc Dry red chili
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker
- Add mix of five spices 1 tsp(Panchforan)
- Add red chilli and bay leaf
- Wait until the tempering crackel now add asafoetida(hing)
- Add chopped Lauki(bottle-gourd)
- Add turmeric powder.,red chili powder.and coriander powder.
- Just give it a stir and immediately add chana dal just mix and add 1 cup water stir
- Pressure cook the curry for 4-5 whistle on medium flame
- If the curry has a lot of water then again cover the lid and cook for 3-4 whistle
- When pressure released from the cooker mix the curry with a ladle.
- Add finely chopped fresh coriander and serve hot with roti or rice it goes well with both.