- HEAVY BOTTOM PAN
- ½ ltr. Full fat milk
- 2 tbsp Rice
- 2 tbsp Dessicated coconut
- 1 tbsp Finely chopped nuts
- ½ tsp Cardamom powder
- ½ cup Sugar
- Firstly take 2 tbsp basmati rice sieve for the impurities and then wash.
- Take a heavy bottom pan add ½ ltr.full fat milk let the milk come to boil ,this will take some time so be patient stir in between so that milk doesn't catch the bottom
- Once the milk has come to a boil add the washed rice then lower the heat and let the kheer cook on low heat stir in between.
- After 20-25 mins.milk is reduced and the kheer looks mushy and thick .
- At this stage add desiccated coconut and stir for a couple of mins.
- Add sugar and cardamom powder stir and remove the kheer from heat
- Heat 1 tsp ghee/clarified butter add finely chopped nuts and fry until they become crunchy
- Add the fried nuts in the kheer and serve warm or cold as per your choice
kheer is the most simple yet delicious dessert prepared almost in every household on every occasion especially on birthdays and anniversaries for this sweet dish you just need three items sugar, milk, and rice instead of using rice you can use bulgar wheat, tapioca, vermicelli or millet. traditionally the dish was prepared by using only three ingredients but in my recipe, I added few more things you may replace these things as they are just for aroma or for a crunch and my personal favorites too so here I am using Govind Bhog rice or small grains basmati rice because kheer must have a mushy texture I mean the rice should be incorporated well with the milk. For the kheer recipe, I always prefer full-fat milk add just 2 tbsp, rice cook, while stirring continuously add chopped dry fruits cardamom powder and when it reduces half add 2 full spoons of desiccated coconut and cook with the rice lastly add sugar as per your taste then turn off the flame check the consistency it should be thick serve it hot or cold.