Jalebi is one of the most famous and mouthwatering desserts from Indian cuisine and I guess in this pandemic everyone is missing the street style pipping hot crispy jalebi.so here are we with the mouthwatering recipe of jalebi that can be prepared by using ingredients available in your pantry so do give it a try and let me know in the comment section.
Instant jalebi recipe
For jalebi batter
- 1½ cup All purpose flour (maida)
- 2 tsp Clarified Butter
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ cup Curd
- ½ cup water
- Pinch of organic food colour
- 2 cup oil for frying
For Sugar Syrup
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp Rose water
- For Jalebi Batter
- First sieve the flour and 1 tsp baking soda in a large bowl
- Add ghee ,curd and water in the flour with the help of a whisk or you may use mixer grinder
- Combine all the ingredients well without any lump the batter should be not so thick or not in a runny Consistency.
- Fill the batter in a piping bag or you may use a plastic bottle with a small hole in the lid .
For Sugar Syrup
- In a pan add 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water cook until the sugar dissolves and is of 1 thread consistency
- Add rose water and saffron thread you may skip this process .
- In a flat pan heat oil /ghee on medium low flame using a spoon drop some batter in the oil to check the temperature it should be hot or else the batter aborb more oil.
- Use a perforated ladle (jhar) pour the batter on the ladle in circular motion while keeping it in hot oil .or
- Drop the batter by squeezing the bottle /icing bag into the hot oil in ,concentric circular motion
- Deep fry the jalebi until they become golden brown from both sides Repeat until all the batter is used up
- Immediately transfer all the fried jalebis in the warm sugar syrup let it be dipped in the syrup for 15-20 sec.
- Then serve hot with a Rabdi or a glass of warm milk