HANDVO is a healthy snack made of lentils, rice, sesame , and some basic spices with some grated fresh vegetables basically it is a protein packed savory cake . I
- 1 cup Rice
- ½ cup Chana Dal (Bengal Gram)
- ¼ cup Urad Dal
- 2 tbsp Moong dal
- ½ cup curd
- ½ cup Grated Cabbage
- ½ cup Grated Carrot
- 1-2 finely Chopped Green chili
- ⅙ tsp Black pepper powder
- ⅙ tsp Cumin Powder
- ½ tsp Red chili powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric /haldi
- 1 tsp Fruit salt/baking soda
- 2 tsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Any Cooking Oil of your Choice
- Few fresh curry leaves
- ½ tsp Mustard seeds
- ½ tsp Asafoetida (Hing)
- Firstly soak 1 cup rice ,½cup chana dal,¼cup urad dal,2tbsp moong dal for 3-4 hrs.or for whole night
- Later drain all the water and add the rice and lentil mixture in a grinder jar and blend to a smooth paste .
- Further add ½ cup cup curd ,salt as per your taste ⅙tsp cumin powder, ⅙tsp black pepper powder,½tsp red chili powder,½tsp turmeric powder,½tsp coriander powder and ½ tsp sugar it is totally optional you may skip sugar .
- Now add all the grated vegetables 1 cup grated carrot,1cup grated cabbage,½ cup capsicum finely chopped green chili .you may add any vegetable of your choice
- Mix all the ingredients well make sure the batter have a thick consistency .
- Now add 1 tsp fruit salt/baking soda and mix gently .
- Heat Oil in a deep pan/kadai add curry leaves, asafoetida(hing), mustard seeds let them crackel now pour 1-1.5 ladel of the batter in the pan .handvo should be little thick so pour the batter accordingly cook on low flame it takes time so be patient .
- When you see the sides golden using a spatula gently flip the handvo and cook from both the sides if you are a beginner then flip the handvo in another greesed pan
f you are a student/or person who don’t want to spend more time in the kitchen then do try this recipe because it can be prepared in advance like the previous day the preparation is so simple you just have to soak some rice along with three lentils for 4-5 hrs. then grind it in a fine paste just add few grated vegetables of your choice before cooking here i am using pan but it can be baked in oven too .