GHUGNI is a side dish prepared with black gram or Kala chana you can serve Ghughni with roti, rice puri or paratha whatever you want to eat on that particular day it goes well with everything you can make a snack by using some fried Chura and Namak pare I will share the snack recipes in upcoming days so stay connected.
- 1 cup kala chana or black gram
- 2 onion
- cumin seeds
- bay leaf
- ½ tsp of garam masala powder
- cilantro or fresh coriander leaves
- Firstly soak the chana for the whole night or for 4-5 hrs so the cooking process slows down .
- Now in a pressure cooker or in a pan boil the chana you may skip the boiling process but i like to cook this way because without boiling the chanas were little chewy so i find it painful that’s why i boil them then drain the water from the chana and keep the boiled chana aside
- Add 1 tbsp oil in a heated kadai then add finely sliced onion and saute till they are caramelized now keep them aside in the same kadai add 1tbsp oil when the oil is hot add 1 bay leaf ,½ tsp cumin seeds and a pinch of Hing (asafoetida) let them crackle
- add 1 tbsp of finely chopped onion cook until they became brown add ½ tsp of ginger-garlic paste then add ½ tsp of turmeric powder,½ tsp of red chilli powder and coriander powder now this time be careful otherwise the spices may catch the bottom so quickly add the chana and water as per the required consistency don’t add too much water
- In the meantime in a food processor add the fried onions with 1/4tsp of cumin seeds and ¼ tsp of black pepper corn add make a fine paste
- Add the onion paste stir it well and let it boil for couple of minutes along with the chana at this time add salt as per your taste ½ tsp of garam masala powder and simmer for 2-4 min then switch off the stove serve Gghugni with roti ,rice paratha or puri it goes well with everything do give it a try and let me know in the comment section.