FLAX SEEDS TORTILLAS BITES
- 1 cup(100g) Flaxseeds Roasted and finely grounded
- 1 cup Boiling water
- 1 Boiled Potato Sliced in roundels
- 1 Onion sliced in rings
- 1 cup Cottage Cubes (Any Cheese)
- 1 tbsp Roasted cumin seeds powder
- 1 tbsp Chaat Masala
- 1 tbsp Paprika Powder
- 1 tbsp Tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp Green Chutney
- 1 tbsp Yogurt /thick curd
- Firstly heat a heavy bottom pan dry roast the flaxseed for couple of minutes then place the roasted flaxseed in a blender and pulse it in fine powder you may purchase grounded flaxseeds flour .
- In a pan boil the water once the water begins to boil remove it from the flame then add the flaxseed flour and stir it continuously until the flour absorb the water and form a ball .it takes around 4-5 minutes to take the shape be patient .
- Let it cool so you don't burn yourself then separate the dough into 4 equal parts .
- then roll the dough between two pieces of parchment paper and roll them out with a rolling pin they should be quite thin now cut them in roundels or disk shape by using a cookie cutter.
- Repeat the process with rest of the dough ball and leave them on their pieces of parchment paper .
- Now heat a tawa/pan place all the disk over medium high heat cook each tortillas for a min.or until you can easily flip it over cook rest of them in the same manner .
- Now take each tortillas first put yogurt/thick curd then boil potato disk then onion rings then a drop of green chutney, ketchup and few fresh coriander leaves and cottage cheese cubes sprinkle some chaat masala and paprika powder serve immediately after assembling or else the tortillas became soggy o
I belongs to that kind of a person who always want to eat something in a jiffy .so my todays recipe is flaxseed tortillas bites nowadays flaxseeds are emerging as a” super food ” so I don’t think I have to share the health benefits of flaxseeds for those who don’t know about flaxseed it is also known as linseed these are tiny ,nutty -flavoured seeds that usually come in two different colors brown and golden .flaxseeds are good sources of many nutrients .their health benefits are mainly due to their content of omega-3 fatty acids ,lignans and fiber .