Gajar Halwa/ Carrot Halwa
- 1 kg Red carrots
- 1/2 ltr. Full Fat Milk
- 1/2 cup Ghee/clarified butter
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1-2 tbsp Nuts of your choice
- Firstly wash and peel the carrots then either manually or using a food processor grate the carrots.
- Heat a heavy bottom pan add the grated carrots and milk and cook on low flame .
- After 10-15 mins. stir and scrap the sides of the pan add sugar and again cook on low flame until the mixture dries .
- At this stage when the milk is evaporated be cautious or else the halwa may catch the bottom so stir frequently.
- Stir frequently when the halwa thickens add ghee and saute for 5-7 mins.at this stage you may add khoya and all the chopped nuts.
- when the halwa thickens and slightly turns the color switch off the flame add cardamom powder and serve warm .
Gajar halwa is a popular North Indian dessert prepared specially during winters because the red carrots were available in abundance at this time for this dessert you just need few ingredients but a lot of patience because it takes around 1 hour so for this recipe all you need 1 kg red/orange carrots grated,1/2 kg full-fat milk,1 cup clarified butter, finely chopped nuts of your choice, sugar and cardamom powder. I must say if you are counting your calories then please skip the recipe or else enjoy the divine flavor of this awesome winter delight. first, take 1 kg carrots washed and peeled now with a food processor or manually grate the carrots in a heavy bottom pan add the grated carrots, milk, sugar, and cook on medium-low flame it takes approx.45-60 min. while stirring frequently cook until the liquids were evaporated once the liquid dries add ghee/clarified butter stir frequently while scraping the sides at this time add cardamom powder and fry until the halwa turns a little caramelized at this time add the finely chopped nuts and serve warm .