I may sound a little childish while saying this but I like this vegetable because of its sweetness it tasted divine when accompanied with naan or tandoori roti .for this curry you need 250 gm of carrot and 250 gm of beans 2 tbsp peanuts and 2 tbsp grated coconut 2 medium size tomatoes blanched and finely chopped dice carrot and beans in equal length now boil them don’t over boil it in while boiling the veggies dry roast the peanuts in a grinder/mortar pestle add the roasted peanuts and coconut in a fine paste then in the same pan heat 2 tbsp of oil add 1 tsp cumin seeds 1 bay leaf add the boiled carrots and bean and saute for 4-5 mins. remove the veggies now add chopped tomatoes then add the finely chopped tomatoes when the tomatoes became soft add the peanut coconut paste fry then add the veggies and water and curry is prepared .
Carrot and Bean curry
- 250 gm carrot
- 250 gm French beans
- 2 tbsp Peanuts
- 2 tbsp Grated coconut
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- ½ tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
- Salt(as per your taste)
- First wash and peel the carrots and beans then dice in equal length.and boil but don't over boil it.
- Heat a pan/kadhai add peanuts and dry roast while roasting the peanuts blanch the tomatoes .
- In the same pan heat 2 tbsp oil add 1tsp cumin seeds ,1 bay leaf. when they sizzle add the chopped tomatoes and fry until they become soft.
- Add the peanut and coconut paste along with 1 tsp turmeric powder ,1 tsp red chili powder,and coriander powder.
- Stir until oil separates from the kadhai /pan then add fried carrot and beans Saute then add 1 cup water and the seasoning as per your taste let it simmer on low flame .
- Consistency of the curry is semi- dry then add ½tsp of garam masala pwoder and kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
- serve with naan or roti it tasted divine with naan.