Boondi is an Indian dessert made from deep-fried gram flour soaked in sugar syrup I still remember my childhood days when I used to visit my grandparent’s house on every Chhathh puja because Chhath puja comes soon after Diwali so all the sweets or snacks prepared during Diwali was enjoyed in Chhath puja those were the happiest moments of my life want to relive those days again my Nani makes a lot of variety of sweets and savory dishes on the eve or before Diwali out of which Boondi is my fav. actually, Boondi was her specialty so here I am sharing my grand-mother (Nani) Boondi recipe.
- gram flour 1 cup(besan)
- cardmom powder
- Sugar 1 cup
- oil 2 cup
- Almonds or any nut of your choice
- baking soda or a pinch
- For Boondi
- Add gram flour (besan)in a bowl with 1 cup water, fix all three ingredients together to form a free flowing batter make sure to whisk the batter properly so that there is no lump formed . in the batter then keep the batter aside for 15-20 min.
- Now heat oil or ghee in a Kadai in generous amount so that you can fry the Boondi With the help of a perforated ladle (Jhar ) pour some batter in the ladle make sure the batter should fall on its own if not then add some more water or tap the ladle edge firmly Keep rotating the ladle or else the Boondis gob together or form a lump so spread the batter well in pan or Kadai
- You may check the batter consistency by frying a few droplets from the batter with the help of a spoon.
- While tapping the ladle don’t keep it on too much height or else the Boondis won’t take the desired round shape
- Deep fry the Boondis till it becomes crisp but be careful don't burn them when the oil stops sizzling then after 2-3 min. remove the Boondis from the oil
- Drain the excess oil then add the Boondis in the sugar syrup let them sit for around 5-6 hrs or cook for 15-20 min .in the sugar syrup so that the Boondis absorb the syrup nicely
- Add finely chopped nuts or melon seeds while serving it gives a little crunch .
- Firstly take 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water in a pan cook them on low flame until the sugar syrupAcquire a 1 thread consistency beginners be careful while cooking with sugar.
- Add the Boondis in the sugar syrup make sure the syrup is hot while adding the Boondis