HARE CHANE KA BHABHRA
- HEAVY BOTTOM PAN
- 1 cup Boiled green gram(hara chana)
- ⅙ cup white rice
- ⅙ cup Bengal gram
- ¼ tsp Cumin Seeds
- ¼ tsp Black pepper corn
- 2-3 Green chili (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp Fresh finely chopped coriander leaves
- Salt as per your taste
- 1 cup Any cooking oil
- Firstly soak ⅙ cup of white rice ,⅙ cup of bengal gram, ¼ tsp cumin seeds,¼tsp black pepper corn blend them in a fine paste the consistency of batter should be like dosa batter .
- Then add 1 cup boiled green gram/hara chana finely chopped green chili and fresh coriander leaves .
- Add salt as per your taste then add ¼ tsp turmeric powder,¼tsp red chili powder,¼tsp coriander powder add all the ingredients well in the the batter add water if needed
- Heat a heavy bottom pan then add 1 tsp oil then by using a ladle pour the batter spread little
- cook properly from both sides when both sides are golden brown it is cooked properly ,take it out on a kitchen towel to drain excess oil .
- Serve it warm with tangy green chutney and sweet imli chutney
BHABHRA is a very famous Bihari snack which can be prepared with both fresh green gram or black gram both just you have to soak the kala chana for 2-3 hrs. before cooking so this dish is basically prepared on the eve of holika dahan (holi)when fresh green gram is easily available it can be prepared byy using besan or rice flour or in soaked rice and bengal gram in equal proportion thenn blended in a fine paste the batter should be not so thick not runny in texture then add boiled green gram ,few green chili and coriander leaves cumin-black pepper powder mix all of them and take them aside then heat oil in a pan /on tawa it can be deep fried or can be exactly the way dosa is prepared .